Pendleton County Youth Sports
Basketball and Cheer League
Q & A
1. When will the league start? The league will start in late November and run approximately until the end of February depending on the number of teams and the weather.
2. Who can play? Any child can participate that is in 3rd-6th grade as long as they live in Pendleton County. Next year, we plan to allow children in grades 1 and 2 to play in the fall of the year.
3. How much does it cost to join? The cost is $30. There is a discount for siblings in the same household. Each additional child will be $20. Each participant will get a shirt/jersey to keep at the end of the season.
4. Can my 6th grade child try out for middle school sports? Yes, 6th graders can try out. Anyone that does not make the middle school team may elect to come back to the rec league if they want. The child may not do both at the same time.
5. Can my child do cheerleading and basketball? Due to the difficultly of scheduling practices and games, the child will need to select one sport they want to participate in.
6. Will the teams be based on school of attendance? No, the goal of this league will be to evaluate players and distribute them as evenly as possible to teams. Consideration will be taken into account on location of residence and practice locations to minimize driving distances as much as possible. No requests to play on a specific team will be granted.
7. How are the children going to be divided? There will be a boys and girls basketball league. Each league will have a 3rd&4th grade division and a 5th& 6th grade division. Cheerleading will be determined based on the number of children that sign up.
8. When and where will the practices and games be held? Practices will be in the county school’s gymnasiums. Practice times will be arranged by the league commissioner. Games will most likely be played on weekends at PCMHS or NFES.